6 Tips for Beating Bad BreathBad breath is something that everyone experiences from time to time, but thankfully, there are a few ways to reduce and beat it. Some people’s bad breath is directly related to genetics, but other times, it is a result of poor oral hygiene. Whatever the cause is, it may be helpful to consider some of these tips. Suffering from bad breath can make life difficult. You may have a hard time interacting with others, and your self-confidence may be lacking. Make use of these six tips to help beat your bad breath!
Six tips for beating bad breathNobody wants to live with bad breath; read on to find out how you can get rid of it!
1. Brush your teeth oftenOne of the most important things to consider when trying to beat bad breath is to brush your teeth often. While this may seem like an obvious tip, a lot of people don’t realize that dirty teeth will likely result in dirty or bad breath. Beating bad breath is a lot easier if brushing takes place after every meal. This will ensure that there is no food left behind to cause bad breath.
2. Floss each dayWhen food gets left behind in between teeth, it will cause a foul smell. Flossing at least once a day will ensure that no food is built up that could potentially cause bad breath.
3. Use mouthwashA lot of people skip out on using mouthwash because they aren’t sure that it will help, but it actually does. Not only does it clean the mouth, but it also helps to freshen the breath, thus beating any bad breath! Mouthwash removes bacteria from the mouth, which will help reduce the chances of bad breath forming.
4. Brush your tongue tooBrushing your tongue when caring for your teeth is important. The tongue holds a lot of bacteria and leftover food particles, and over time, they can cause bad breath. It’s best to scrub your tongue gently when brushing your teeth to remove anything harmful that could cause bad breath.
5. Drink waterDrinking water after meals helps to wash away any left behind food. It may not be easy to take out a toothbrush or mouthwash while at a restaurant, but drinking water can help to fight off bad breath.
6. Sugar-free gumIf good oral hygiene doesn’t do the job, then it may be best to chew sugar-free gum. Gums are known to harm the teeth due to the sugar, but sugar-free gum can help to beat the bad breath without actually harming the teeth.
Contact us todayAre you struggling with bad breath? These tips may be able to help you! Ultimately, you may want to consult with a dentist about your bad breath. Give us a call or stop by our office today. We can help you!Request an appointment here: https://buforddentist.com or call North Atlanta Center for Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry at (770) 932-1115 for an appointment in our Buford office.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.